Saturday 19 March 2011

Guadalajara, Debussy and planets

1. We take a trip to Guadalajara- a place which Tony tells me is the furthest away you can travel on the Madrid Cercanías railway network. We emerge from a church, La Iglesia de San Ginés, and I fill my lungs with air that smells of summer.

2. A friend and I step into a museum's informational/historical PowerPoint presentation, not only to be educated, but to surround ourselves with Debussy's Claire de Lune. An odd but welcome choice of soundtrack.

3. As we trudge along to the train station I look to my right and see a dusky blue and orange sky with the circle of the Moon perfectly illuminated - dead centre. It both strikes me as ethereal and as something that's come straight out of one of those old O2 adverts with the beautiful, CGI giant planets hanging in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment