Thursday 16 December 2010

Busking, sad cat and weirdness

1. Dave and I spend the whole flight home planning set lists for our new inspiration - busking! The idea of doing it when we're back in Manchester feels exciting and new.

2. Unfortunately I arrive home to find my cat, Millie, in a much worse condition than I expected. I had known she was ill, but not this ill. Despite being really quite upset, I'm amazed at how much my parents have been doing for her while I've been away, which is evident in the way they jump to attention with practiced movements.

3. From the moment I stepped off the plane, to the journey home, to having a go at driving for the first time in a number of months, everything is familiar at the same time as being utterly alien. "This is so weird..!" is on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment