Wednesday 19 January 2011

Mischief, coffee and 2 croissants

1. The final B2-level Spanish class passes happily, even though we're doing a quiz. In typical Spanish fashion, Paula does not seem bothered to look up from her newspaper the entire hour and a half while we complete our quizzes, so we have fun taking cheeky glances at each other's essays and giggling because we know we're being silly. Thankfully, it wasn't that serious a test...!

2. I follow the initiative of a fellow Madrileñan wannabe (from Austria) and dip the singed corner of my croissant into my (very, very strong) milky coffee. At first, I don't like it, then the pastry gives way and sweet and savoury work in harmony.

3. Philibert teaches me some German words and turns of phrase - my particular favourites, zauber and löl ('spell' and the Germanised 'lol') So, like the linguist I aspire to be, I give him a rough translation of something French to say to someone else. In the end I think he ended up saying something along the lines of, "I am a magician and I like to grow croissants." I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment