Wednesday 5 January 2011

A very early start, tired times and a prize

Had a bit of a Christmas break, the next few days will be hectic as I return to Madrid on Sunday and from there, the thoughtettes will continue!

1. Despite the cold darkness of the morning, driving at 5:30am with my sister and mother to the airport is brightened by our half-sleepy jokes. Leila is smiling brightly as she leaves for her work in Cyprus, "I'm going to go straight to Departures. You can save yourselves paying extra in the car park- I'm going to do my nails while I wait." 

2. Mum and I go on a hunt for an early breakfast, and end up stumbling upon more than decent coffee in McDonald's of all places. We spend the day finding bargains and traversing the land in a tired stupor. Later, we both fall asleep to the sound of Brian Cox and Dara O'Briain's BBC Stargazing LIVE (which I love, check it out at http://www.bbc.co.uk/stargazing)

3.  Having started the day almostly stupidly (for me!) early, I am repeatedly amazed at the time at intervals during the day. I make a face and sound incredulous as I state the time, but inwardly I feel like I've somehow won a part of the day I don't normally see.

No comments:

Post a Comment